The Odysseus Academic Network has made a study on the
“Conformity checking of the transposition by Member States
of 10 EC directives in the sector of Asylum and Immigration”
done for DG JLS of the European Commission end 2007.
- Directive 2003/86 on Family Reunification
- Directive 2003/109 on Long Term Residents
- Directive 2004/81 on Victims of Trafficking
- Directive 2001/55 on Temporary Protection
- Directive 2003/09 on Reception Conditions for Asylum Seekers
- Directive 2004/83 on Qualification
- Directive 2005/110 on Assistance for Transit
- Directive 2001/51 on Carriers Liability
- Directive 2002/90 on Facilitation of Unauthorized Entry and Stay
- Directive 2001/40 on Mutual Recognition of Expulsion
The study is about the transposition of 10 directives by Member States. More precisely, it covers extensively the legal measures adopted by the Member States to transpose those directives. As the process of transposition was not finished in some Member States, the authors decided to take into consideration the projects of national norms of transposition when they were accessible. It is important to note that those projects have been analysed like if they had been adopted as standing, which means that subsequent changes at national level are not covered by the study. The cut-off date for the national rapporteurs is in general 1st October 2007; later developments have only been taken into consideration whenever possible.
27 member States are covered by the study, including those not bound by several directives upon the request of the Commission which asked to be informed about the developments in those Member States in comparison with Community law.