Educational Development Assistant Trainee (E-learning)
The Odysseus Academic Network is seeking to recruit a young graduate or professional, to fill a remunerated traineeship position as Educational Development Assistant Trainee for the OMNIA project. The position will be based in Brussels at the Institute for European Studies of the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and is remunerated with a salary of €783 per month on the basis of a contract for vocational training under Belgian law. As Odysseus is an academic network, applicants interested in academia are strongly encouraged to apply.
This OMNIA traineeship is due to start at the latest on 1st November 2018, lasting for 6 months. The trainee will work as part of the OMNIA Project Team, consisting of six people in total. More information on the activities involved in the project can be found here.
The Educational Development Assistant Trainee will support the Odysseus OMNIA team in the technical development and design of e-learning modules. He/She will work alongside the other research assistants responsible of the e-learning content by helping them in creating online, engaging and interactive modules (images, graphics, videos, podcasts, charts, games and other multimedia formats).
The role will also involve the following tasks:
- Liaise with other IT or/and educational services within the ULB specialised in the development and design of distance learning education and technology
- Help to manage the Network’s social media accounts in collaboration with the Communication and Research Assistant;
- Improve the Odysseus website;
- Drafting and disseminating information and communications material relevant to the activities of the Network;
- Any other task related to the implementation of the project.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in information or educational technology with excellent marks;
- Good knowledge of e-learning methodology, tools and technology, in particular Moodle; preferably already some experience with technical development and design of e-learning modules;
- Ability to imagine interactive elements part of an e-learning module on migration or asylum; particularly ability to utilise your creativity to choose the right interactive tool/technique in order to make the content attractive to e-learners.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in EU law on immigration and asylum is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge of French is an asset;
- Ability to be proactive, plan and work autonomously and in a multicultural team;
What does the Odysseus Network offer during a traineeship?
- A first valuable professional experience during which you will accomplish diverse tasks with a certain autonomy and under weekly supervision in a small multinational team;
- Monitoring of developments in EU migration and asylum law regarding legislation, case law and policy;
- Liaise with the members of the Odysseus Network who are among the best academics specialised on EU Migration and Asylum Law in Europe;
- Live and work in the capital of Europe while benefiting from all facilities offered by the ULB (libraries, restaurant, sport, medical service, etc).
- Participate for free in events organised by the Odysseus Network (the annual conference or the Summer School in July), even after the period of your traineeship!
- Possibility to follow the course of Philippe De Bruycker on EU Migration and Asylum Law if your traineeship takes place during the concerned semester;
- Supervision to prepare a legal paper for publication in a scientific journal, if you wish to do so outside working hours;
- For high academic performers (meaning among the 10 to 15% of the best students having the highest results during most of your studies), help to prepare a project for a PhD by defining a subject and support as much as possible to find funding.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application by Monday 1st October 2018, midnight CET (UTC +1). To apply, please fill in this form.
Should you require any further information about the traineeship and the selection process, you may contact our current trainees at firstname.lastname@example.org