Researcher ( for a 50% position up to 12 months as from 1 September 2017)
The researcher will mainly be in charge of developing E-training modules in EU migration and asylum law (conception, drafting, invention of interactive exercises, revision, etc). The person will work in close cooperation with Prof. Philippe De Bruycker and under his direct supervision. The expected salary is around 1100 € per month + full social security under Belgian law on the basis of an employee contract signed with the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB).
Applicants should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Master’s degree (including previous Bachelor’s degree) in (EU) Law with excellent marks (other disciplines than law will NOT be considered)
- Excellent knowledge of English is indispensable
- Excellent capacity to communicate clearly and easily in written English in particular
- Good capacity to work autonomously
- Knowledge of immigration and/or asylum in EU or national law is a strong asset
- Previous research experience in the area and previous publications are a strong asset
- Being a PhD student in the area is a strong asset
What does the Odysseus Coordination Team offer during this contract?
- Monitoring developments in EU migration and asylum law regarding legislation, case law and policy
- Liaise with the members of the Odysseus Network who are among the best academics specialised on EU Migration and Asylum Law in Europe
- Participate for free in events organised by the Odysseus Network (the annual conference in February or the annual Summer School in July)
- If you wish to do so outside working hours, supervision to prepare a legal paper for publication in a scientific journal
- For high academic performers (meaning you have been among the 10 to 15% of the best students having the highest results during most of your studies), help to prepare a project for a PhD by defining a subject and support as much as possible to find funding in the EU
- Live and work in the capital of Europe while benefiting from all facilities offered by the ULB (libraries, restaurant, sport, medical service, etc)
Interested applicants should send their CV and letter of motivation at email@example.com with “OMNIA Researcher Application” in the subject line of the email. The closing date for applications is midnight 1 June 2017. Interviews and recruitment will take place in June and the work will start on 1 September 2017.