Migration Data for Policy Summer School
- Theme: Migration data for policy: Building capacity with governments, academics and civil society.
- Date: 9-12 July 2018
- Venue: Bristol Marriott Hotel
- Migration Data for Policy – Summer School agenda (PDF, 490kB)
The Summer School on Migration Data for Policy is a new initiative of theInternational Organization for Migration’s Global Migration Data Analysis Centre and the University of Bristol, building on the close collaboration already developed through the Worldwide Universities Network-IOM Strategic Alliance.
This Summer School on Migration Data for Policy, will be the first migration focused training dedicated to improving the quality, analysis and use of migration data for policy. It will bring together data experts, statisticians and officials, working closely with UNSD and UNPD, to provide dedicated training, education and knowledge exchange.
The Summer School will also pioneer the use of migration data training materials developed by IOM’s GMDAC and will introduce participants to the wealth of resources available to support their work with IOM data, government and research data on migration.
Panels will introduce key global challenges such as:
- What is migration and why collect migration data for policy?
- The Global Compact(s) and Migration Data at the Global Level
- Migration and the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda
- Data on a key policy challenge: health and migration
- Building national and regional migration information systems
- Reporting migration trends for policy needs
Small group workshops
Join a workshop for training on: data collection methods; using administrative sources, migration data from censuses and surveys; developing regional capacity; knowledge exchange; analysis and reporting for policy.
There will be breakout sessions where we will discuss:
- Using census data for reporting on the SDGs
- Understanding migration using survey data
- Administrative data and their potential
- Innovative data sources and approaches
- Reporting and dissemination
- Co-ordination, governance and partnerships
- NGO and non-official data collection
More information here.