Dr. Lyra Jakuleviciene is a lawyer specialising in international and EU law. She is a professor at Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuania) with teaching and research experience on human rights, asylum and migration issues for almost 20 years. Since 2005 she is a legal expert of the Odysseus Legal Academic Network (asylum, migration) for Lithuania and also served in the Observatory on Free Movement of Workers in Europe (2005-2013). She is an author of over 40 publications and two books on EU and international law issues in her research fields and has participated or lead over 25 research projects.
Throughout her professional career she advised the Governments and other stakeholders of several countries in Central and Eastern Europe on asylum, migration and border control issues, served as expert in drafting legislation and conducting trainings in these fields. She contributed to development of several training modules of the European Asylum Support Office.
Apart from her research activities, she held various positions at national and international organisations in Lithuania and abroad. She has over 15 years of experience leading the Offices of UNHCR and UNDP in Lithuania and has worked also in Sweden, Turkey and Ukraine. Currently, she serves a second term as a Dean of the Law School at Mykolas Romeris University. Since 2013she is a deputy arbiter at OSCE Reconciliation and Arbitration Courtand since 2020 – a member of the Management Board of the Fundamental Rights Agency of the European Union.
Among her recent publications are:
- Jakulevičienė, Lyra, Gailiūtė-Janušonė, Dovilė, The Scope of Legal Expectations from Business in Human Rights: carrot or stick? Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues 2020 Volume 8Number 2 (December 2020), http://doi.org/10.9770/jesi.2020.8.2(56)(upcoming);
- Jakuleviciene, Lyra, The Common European asylum system, in: From Tampere 20 to Tampere 2.0: Towards a new European consensus on migration / Philippe De Bruycker Marie De Somer, Jean-Louis De Brouwer (eds.), 2019, European Policy Centre; pp. 87-102.
- Jakulevičienė, Lyra, Valutytė, Regina, Daukšienė, Inga, Directive 2014/54: advantages and disadvantages for free movement of workers and their family members/ European journal of migration and law, vol. 20, iss. 3, 2018, pp. 223-250, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1163/15718166-12340031
- Jakuleviciene, Lyra, Alternatives to Immigration Detention with particular focus on children// Indonesian Journal of International Law, 16, No 1 (2018), pp. 100-115, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17304/ijil.vol16.1.745;
- Jakulevičienė, Lyra, Valutytė, Regina, Corporate forms facilitating non-profit networking: formalising the informal, Baltic Journal of Law &Politics, 10:2 (2017): 192-224, http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/bjlp, DOI: 10.1515/bjlp-2017-0017;
- Jakulevičienė, Lyra,Migration related restrictions by the EU member states in the aftermath of the 2015 refugee “crisis” in Europe: what did we learn? International Comparative Jurisprudence, 2017, Vol. 3, Issue 2, p. 222-230, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.13165/j.icj.2017.12.009; https://www3.mruni.eu/ojs/international-comparative-jurisprudence/article/view/4718
- Jakulevičienė, Lyra, Bileišis, Mantas, EU Refugee Resettlement: key challenges of expanding the practice into new Member States, Baltic Journal of Law &Politics, 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 1, doi: https://doi.org/10.1515/bjlp-2016-0005; p. 93-123, https://www.degruyter.com/downloadpdf/j/bjlp.2016.9.issue-1/bjlp-2016-0005/bjlp-2016-0005.xml
- Jakulevičienė, Lyra, Vulnerable persons as a new sub-group of asylum seekers?// Vincent Chetail, Philippe De Bruycker and Francesco Maiani, Reforming the Common European Asylum System: The New European Refugee Law, Brill, 2016, p. 353-373, http://booksandjournals.brillonline.com/content/books/9789004308664;jsessionid=g0il243ql049p.x-brill-live-03
- Kay Hailbronner, Céline Bauloz, Lyra Jakulevičienė, David Kosař, Elise Russcher, Mark Symes. Qualification for international protection (Directive 2011/95/EU): a judicial analysis, 2016, p. 72-80, 93-98, 112-114, 119-120, https://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/ad869898-e202-11e6-ad7c-01aa75ed71a1/language-en