■ About the Summer School
Video for the Summer School, Introduction, Languages
■ Teaching Curriculum
Teaching Approach, Subjects, Lecturers, Calendar & Schedule
■ Doctoral Seminar with 4 PhD Grants
■ Scholarships for Refugees
Application for Refugees and Crownfunding
■ Extracurricular Activities
Visits to the European Institutions, Evening Debates & Other Events, Networking Events
■ Practical Information
Facilities, Certificate, Admission Requirements, Registration Fees, Coordination, Contact
■ Application Form
Please apply before 10 June 2017
The Odysseus Academic Network is accepting applications from refugees to attend the 17th edition of its Summer School on European Immigration and Asylum Law and Policy (Brussels, 3-14 July 2017).
About the Refugee Scholarships
This initiative is conceived as a response to the current asylum situation in Europe, and aims to provide a number of refugee students with an opportunity to gain knowledge in European immigration and asylum law. It intends to help refugees integrate in Europe, notably by allowing them to engage with European academics and continue their studies, which may have been interrupted due to forced departure from their home country.
Due to a crowdfunding campaign, we hope to be able to fund like last year the full participation of around ten participants who hold refugee or subsidiary protection status in Europe. The funds cover registration fees and transportation costs, accommodation and living expenses for the entire duration of the Summer School.
Have a look at our ‘Refugee Voices‘ booklet wherein the refugee students of the 2017 Summer School present themselves.
Summer School on EU Immigration & Asylum Law and Policy
The Summer School has been designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the immigration and asylum policy of the EU from a legal perspective. The classes combine theoretical and practical elements while also leaving space for question time and class discussion. They tackle the most recent legislative, jurisprudential and political developments at EU level.
- Be a beneficiary of international protection (refugee status or subsidiary protection) in any European State. Preference may be given to recently recognised beneficiaries of international protection (recognised in 2015-2017);
- Hold an MA, or at least a BA or equivalent in Law or a related discipline, or have equivalent professional experience in a relevant field, for example in NGOs;
- Speak and understand either English or French.
How to apply:
Applicants must complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online registration form for the summer school, available at: https://odysseus-network.eu/application-form-2017-formulaire-dapplication/. Please select the ‘student option’ under course fees for administrative purposes.
2. In the same time, send, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents, prior to the deadline of 09 June 2017:
- A CV with details of the applicant’s studies;
- Applicants should submit a short letter of motivation outlining how they would benefit from attending the Summer School.
- A proof of the protection status granted, the state which granted this and the date of grant.
- A copy of your Resident Permit and your Passport or ID card if you have one.
For further information, please contact the Odysseus Network by email: email@example.com.
You may also contact us by telephone on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons; and Tuesday and Thursday mornings at: 00 32 (0)2 650 49 96.